Always good to know who the presidential candidates have working on their campaigns:
The evangelical organizer who helped Michele Bachmann win the Ames Straw Poll in Iowa Saturday was previously charged with terrorism in Uganda after being arrested for possession of assault rifles and ammunition in February 2006, just days before Uganda’s first multi-party elections in 20 years.
Peter E. Waldron spent 37 days in the Luriza Prison outside Kampala, where he says he was tortured, after being arrested along with six Congolese and Ugandan nationals for the weapons, which were described variously in news reports as having been found in his bedroom or a closet in his home. The charges, which could have led to life in prison, were dropped in March 2006 after a pressure campaign by Waldron’s friends and colleagues and what Waldron says was the intervention of the Bush administration. He was released and deported from the east African nation, along with the Congolese. On Saturday, Waldron told The Atlantic in Ames that he was a staffer for Bachmann and responsible for her faith-based organizing both in Iowa and South Carolina. But he also declined repeatedly to give his name. …
Waldron has been described at times as a leader of a wide variety of organizations, including Advancing American Freedom (co-founder); Christians Restoring America’s Greatness (founder and president); Cities of Faith Ministries (founder); the Contact America Group, Inc. (president); and The Save The Family Foundation (president).
Just another Christian soldier in the Bachmann Tea Party crusade. Which I guess is now needed more than ever, what with the decline of the U.S. and the rise of the Soviet Union. Just quoting the congresswoman here:
But what people recognize is that there’s a fear that the United States is in an unstoppable decline. They see the rise of China, the rise of India, the rise of the Soviet Union and our loss militarily going forward.
Should someone tell her the Soviet Union doesn’t exist anymore?
- Imagine If Obama … (andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com)
- In ’06 Bachmann Staffer Was Arrested in Uganda on Terrorism Charges (crooksandliars.com)
- Michele Bachmann Employs Terrorists (slog.thestranger.com)
- God, Guns, and Michelle Bachmann (wildugandablog.com)
- The Atlantic: Michele Bachmann Campaign Staffer Arrested In Uganda For Terrorism In 2006 (mediaite.com)
- Michele Bachmann Is Terrified of the Soviet Union (slog.thestranger.com)
- Hear Michele Bachmann Warn Of ‘Rise Of The Soviet Union’ During Radio Interview (mediaite.com)