I’ll link to Buzzfeed to show the seven times Rushbo “apologized” for something offensive he said. The headlines on each of the topics are:
— 1988: Amy Carter, “the most unattractive presidential daughter in the history of the country”
— 1992: Chelsea Clinton, the “White House dog”
— 1994: Sherrol Miller, “transsexual lesbian”
— 2003: Donovan McNabb, “The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well”
— 2006: Michael J. Fox, “Either he didn’t take his medication or he’s acting”
— 2008: Barack Obama, “Curious George”
— 2012: Sandra Fluke, “Slut” and “Prostitute”
So he attacks women, children, the handicapped and minorities. And he gives non-apology apologies when someone calls him out on it.
But going back to the cartoon at the top, he says these things because they bring him lots of money. He is appealing to his constituency … his base, if you will. He gives the low lives exactly what they want to hear, and he gets paid handsomely for it.
Now, whenever he’s caught, the Republican politicians who kiss his butt spew, “Oh, he’s just an entertainer.” But they know he’s entertaining his base … their base.
Apologies from Rush Limbaugh are irrelevant because he will say anything for money. It’s his nature.
- Rush Limbaugh Explains His Apology To Sandra Fluke: ‘The Apology Was Heartfelt’ (mediaite.com)
- It’s no fluke: Limbaugh revels in the crossfire (cnn.com)
- Rush Limbaugh’s Last Six Apologies (buzzfeed.com)
- Rush Limbaugh Blames The Left For Forcing Him To Make Crude, Disgusting Comments (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Rush Limbaugh’s nopology widely seen for just another insult (dailykos.com)