Do you want to know why the Republican Party is never going to connect with minority voters?
House Republicans gathering to discuss minority outreach picked an odd venue for the retreat — a former slave plantation.
Weary GOPers left Washington Wednesday for the Kingsmill Resort in Williamsburg, Va., where they’re recuperating and focusing on unity after last year’s rough-and-tumble fiscal cliff fight with Democrats.
Panels will take place in the resort’s “Burwell Plantation” room, named after the family that once owned the plantation. The luxury resort is now owned by billionaire Philip Anschutz, a conservative political donor.
This is the definition of a total disconnection with reality.
- Bolitics: GOP Reps Plotting Minority Outreach At Winter Retreat Hosted At Former Slave Plantation!!! (bossip.com)
- House Republicans Hold Minority Outreach Meeting In ‘Burwell Plantation’ Conference Room (mediaite.com)
- GOP to discuss minority outreach at ‘Burwell Plantation’ room (thegrio.com)
- GOP retreat to feature helpful tips on how not to piss off women, minorities (dailykos.com)
- House GOP Hold Sensitivity Training In Room Named After Slave Plantation [PHOTOS] (hiphopwired.com)
- GOP to Talk Minority Outreach – at Former Plantation (newser.com)