It’s been in the 90s (Fahrenheit) the past few days in Louisville and Washington, which bodes ill for a pleasant summer. But according to the Washington Post graphic package above (click to enlarge), the reason it feels so bad is because our bodies haven’t acclimated to the temperature change yet.
I hope that’s the case because the sweat glands are working overtime now.
- Hundreds in Kentuckiana find ways to beat the heat (wave3.com)
- Early Season Heat Wave for Memorial Day Weekend (climatecentral.org)
- Climate Change Will More Than Triple Annual US Heat-Death Toll (mybigearth.com)
- How Your Body Acclimatizes to Heat (patspapers.com)
- Louisville heat-related deaths to grow ten-fold in future decades (schansblog.blogspot.com)