On Nov. 3, [New Jersey Gov. Chris] Christie called Rupert Murdoch, the influential News Corporation chief and would-be kingmaker, who had warned in a biting post on Twitter that the governor might be responsible for Mr. Obama’s re-election.
Mr. Christie told Mr. Murdoch that amid the devastation, New Jersey needed friends, no matter their political party, according to people briefed on the discussion. But Mr. Murdoch was blunt: Mr. Christie risked looking like a spoiler unless he publicly affirmed his support for Mitt Romney, something the governor did the next day.
Because, really, what’s more important: doing all you can to help your state recover from a natural disaster, or getting your butt in line to show unconditional support for the guy who believes that the agency dealing with disaster recovery should be abolished?
Then I saw this on Twitter:Because you know who runs the media? Not Rupert, no sir.
Apologies ensue on that last item. I guess since Rupert (through his “news” network) already insults blacks and Hispanics and gays and women and the poor and young people and liberals, he doesn’t want to go overboard and be called anti-Semitic.
Let’s see where Fox News goes next.
- Murdoch apologizes to ADL for ‘Jewish owned press’ tweet… (politico.com)
- Rupert Murdoch On Criticism Of ‘Jewish Owned’ Media: I ‘Apologize Unreservedly’ (mediaite.com)
- Rupert Murdoch’s Incendiary Israel Tweet (huffingtonpost.com)
- Rupert Murdoch On Twitter: ‘Why Is The Jewish Owned Press So Consistently Anti-Israel In Every Crisis?’ (infiniteunknown.net)
- Rupert Murdoch and the Jews | Michael Wolff (guardian.co.uk)
- Murdoch Rebuffed Christie’s Refusal To Politicize Hurricane Sandy (mediamatters.org)
- Christie’s Post-Hurricane Embrace of Obama Outrages Many in G.O.P. (nytimes.com)
- Republicans still furious at Chris Christie for being governor (dailykos.com)
- Rupert Murdoch warned Chris Christie to help Mitt Romney (washingtonpost.com)