I made a mistake in a post a couple of days ago. I gave Republicans credit for finally coming to terms with the fact that birthers are crazy and should be ignored.
There was a town hall meeting in Texas. Guess what happened (from Politico):
Texas Republican Rep. Blake Farenthold said that Republicans could secure the votes to impeach Barack Obama in the House of Representatives. Farenthold was speaking at an open house held at a Civic Center in Luling, Texas, Saturday according to a YouTube video description and the Congressman’s online schedule. His answer came from a constituent’s question about conspiracy theories surrounding President Obama’s birth certificate.
“I think unfortunately the horse is already out of the barn on this, on the whole birth certificate issue,” Farenthold said. “The original Congress when his eligibility came up should have looked into it and they didn’t. I’m not sure how we fix it.”
“You tie into a question I get a lot: ‘If everyone’s so unhappy with the president’s done, why don’t you impeach him?’” Farenthold continued. “I’ll give you a real frank answer about that: If we were to impeach the president tomorrow, you could probably get the votes in the House of Representatives to do it. But it would go to the Senate and he wouldn’t be convicted.”
These idiots are talking about impeachment based on a fantasy! The congressman says they have the votes in the House! The GOP is insane.
These are people who:
1) Voted for John McCain in 2008. McCain was born in Panama. Not a word about him not being born in America.
2) Voted for Mitt Romney in 2012. Mitt’s dad, George Romney, ran for president in 1968. George Romney was born in Mexico. Not a word about him not being born in America.
3) Voted to put Ted Cruz, their Tea Party champion, in the U.S. Senate in 2012. Although he has a Hispanic name (his father was born in Cuba), Cruz was born in Canada. Not a word about him not being born in America.
Meanwhile, Barack Obama was born in Hawaii. It’s been proved, no matter what people like Donald Trump (who was born under a rock) and crazy ladies at town hall meetings with “proof” dredged up by crazy Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio say.
Here’s Farenthold and Texas crazy birther lady in action:
There is nothing to “fix.”
They’re never going to give up. They won’t stop until they destroy the country.
- Republican: House has votes to impeach Obama, but not sure of charges (kdvr.com)
- Republican congressman: ‘You could probably get the votes in the House’ to impeach the president (dailykos.com)
- GOP Rep.: House ‘could probably get the votes’ to impeach Obama (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- GOP Congressman: The House Would ‘Impeach The President Tomorrow’ If Given The Opportunity (thinkprogress.org)
- GOP Congressman Claims: We Probably Have Enough House Votes to Impeach Obama (mediaite.com)