You can never overestimate where the level of stupidity of an uninformed population will take you:
According to a Public Policy Polling survey, 29 percent of Louisiana Republicans say President Obama is more to blame for the botched executive branch response to Hurricane Katrina while just 28 percent blamed George W. Bush. A plurality of 44 percent said they were unsure who was more responsible, even though Hurricane Katrina occurred over three years before Obama entered the presidency when he was still a freshman Senator.
Here’s the poll:
So, 73 percent of Louisiana Republicans don’t know that George Bush (the Dumber) was president when Hurricane Katrina wiped out their state but either “know or suspect” President Obama didn’t respond fast enough to the disaster.
This really isn’t a multiple choice question.
And as we dig deeper into the numbers, we see that 8 percent of Louisiana Republicans want Sen. Ted Cruz (R – O, Canada) as their presidential nominee, but the plurality is pushing for Kentucky’s Rand Paul to take the White House. Good luck with that.
It’s almost unfair to throw a trick question like “Who do you think was more responsible for the poor response to Hurricane Katrina: George W. Bush or Barack Obama?” into a political poll, but, given the response here, it is essential for people to see the total disconnection from reality of the followers of one of the major political parties and understand whom they want to run the country after 2016.
- Poll Shows More than One Quarter of Louisiana Republicans Blame Obama for Katrina Response (crooksandliars.com)
- More Louisiana Republicans Blame President Obama For Hurricane Katrina Response Than Bush (thinkprogress.org)
- And You Know That Whole Pearl Harbor Thing? Obama’s Fault. (juanitajean.com)
- Louisiana Republicans On Federal Response To Hurricane Katrina: Thanks, Obama!!!1! (wonkette.com)
- 29% of La. Republicans Blame Katrina Mess on… Obama (newser.com)
- Forgetting the relevant Katrina detail, eight years later (maddowblog.msnbc.com)
- Louisiana Repubs Blame Obama for Katrina (drudge.com)