While 54 percent of the members of the more God-fearing party believed “humans and other living things have evolved over time” in 2009, only 43 percent do now, according to a new Pew Research Center poll. The rate of Democratic belief in the concept went up slightly, from 64 percent to 67 percent. Meanwhile, only 60 percent of American adults believe in evolution, regardless of political affiliation, so you can’t blame it all on the increased prominence of Rick Perry.
It’s a good thing we have places like the Creation Museum here in Kentucky to straighten stuff like this out. I think this is the best part of its “man lived with dinosaurs” exhibit.
(That joke never gets old.)
- Evolution vs Devolution (11oclocknews.typepad.com)
- Devolution: GOP Gets 10 Points Dumb and Dumber (climatecrocks.com)
- US experiments with intellectual devolution (news.techeye.net)
- Republicans’ belief in evolution plummets, poll reveals (cbsnews.com)
- Poll: Republican Belief In Evolution Has Plummeted In Recent Years (talkingpointsmemo.com)