Everybody knows Donald Trump is against immigrants. He doesn’t want Muslims coming into the country (because they’re Muslims) and he gonna build a HUGE wall to keep the Mexicans out, because they’re Mexicans.
But if you’re an immigrant looking for relief from the Republican Party, don’t bother. As Digby points out:
• Ted Cruz opposes legal status for undocumented immigrants in addition to a path to
citizenship, might support self-deportation, definitely opposes DACA and the DREAM
Act, and supported Arizona’s “papers please” law.
• Marco Rubio opposes a path to citizenship, comprehensive immigration
reform, DACA, the DREAM Act, and supported Arizona’s “papers please” law.
• Jeb Bush opposes a path to citizenship, DACA, and spent a week in August denigrating
American citizens as “anchor babies” — kickstarting the conversation on ending birthright
• Ben Carson opposes a path to citizenship, supports ending birthright citizenship,
and would “be willing to listen” to ideas about deporting 11 million undocumented
• Chris Christie opposes a path to citizenship and DACA.
• John Kasich opposes a path to citizenship, DACA, sanctuary cities, and wants to build
the wall. When he thinks of Latinos, he thinks of reasons “why in the hotel you leave a
• Carly Fiorina opposes comprehensive immigration reform, including a path to
citizenship, which she calls “amnesty.
I personally find Cruz and Rubio especially egregious, since they are both the children of immigrants, although Cruz is in a class by himself because he was born in Canada.
Yeah, Trump is a schlong when it comes to immigration. But the party is full of schlongs on this issue.