I can’t believe the words coming out of Rudy Giuliani’s mouth:
What the hell did he just say? In the eight years “before Obama came along, we didn’t have any successful radical Islamic terrorist attack in the United States.” Am I dreaming? Was he not the fucking mayor of New York City on Sept. 11, 2001?
This is Republican rhetoric at its purest form. The country today is a bleak hellscape because nothing bad happened until Barack Obama became president.
Let’s go through the list of Republican “truths”:
- The economy was in great shape before Obama took office:
2. The stock market was running on all cylinders until Obama was elected:
3. The auto industry was booming and its jobs were secure until Barack Obama screwed it up:
4. There were no natural disasters before Obama took office:
5. Obama doesn’t deserve any credit for capturing Osama bin Laden:
6. And now, there were no terrorist attacks on American soil before the Kenyan usurper with the fake birth certificate moved into the White House:
What the hell is wrong with Giuliani? What the hell is wrong with people in the GOP base who believe all these lies? Do they really think you can erase history just by saying the things that happened didn’t happen?
Obviously, they do.
And that’s why Republicans selected a habitually lying. moldy, worm-infested tangerine for their presidential candidate, and why deep in their reptilian brains they thrive on campaign rhetoric that reinforces their view that the Democratic opponent is a crooked, lying bitch.
Whatever happened to the truth?