According to yesterday’s events in the unfolding presidential contest, the frontrunners for the Republican nomination for president are:
3) A conservative Bible-thumping governor from Texas. And we all know how well that can work out.
And this just in: The former governor of Minnesota has dropped out, because he couldn’t even beat the crazy woman in a straw poll.
Meantime, the Democrat in the White House has done everything he can to show that if the GOP would just give him a chance, he would fit in as one of the guys. But they won’t because he has a deeper tan than the current speaker of the House.
- GOP Presidential Candidates Spurn Press — And Gain Popularity For It (huffingtonpost.com)
- 2012 GOP race jolted with straw poll, Perry entry (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Religion, Budget Issues Dog Rick Perry (usnews.com)
- Texan Perry enters GOP presidential race (boston.com)