Sen. Ted Cruz (O-Canada) took over the Senate floor for 21 hours yesterday in a protest against Obamacare. If I can figure this out, he was filibustering the Senate to halt a vote on a House bill he promoted.
Anyway, if you didn’t stay up all night to watch the waste of time, here’s the highlight:
OK. Let’s ignore the obvious. Ted Cruz harps on and on about how much he hates Obamacare, right? So he reads a story about a grouch who hates something he’s never tried. And when he tries it?
HE LOVES IT!!!!!!!
But here’s what really pops my buttons.
If you’re going to read a children’s classic, START FROM THE BEGINNING!!!!!!!!!
Who doesn’t know in their sleep that the first words of “Green Eggs and Ham” are:
I am Sam.
But does the junior senator from Teabaggia begin there? No!! He begins with:
Sam I am.
What is his malfunction? No wonder his girls don’t want him to read it to them. He doesn’t do it right!!
It’s like starting “A Tale of Two Cities” at:
It was the age of wisdom. It was the age of foolishness.
Which, in this case, is exactly what it was.
- Cruz reads ‘Green Eggs and Ham’ on Senate floor (huffingtonpost.com)
- Ted Cruz Reads ‘Green Eggs And Ham’ To His Daughters On Senate Floor (VIDEO) (talkingpointsmemo.com)
- Schumer to Cruz: Like ‘Green Eggs and Ham,’ Try Obamacare – You Might Like It (cnsnews.com)
- Watch: Sen. Ted Cruz Reads Green Eggs and Ham Into Congressional Record (mediaite.com)
- Ted Cruz reads ‘Green Eggs and Ham’ during Obamacare ‘filibuster’ (rawstory.com)
- Watch: Ted Cruz’ Filibuster Filled With Green Eggs and Ham, Ashton Kutcher (swampland.time.com)
- Ted Cruz Reads ‘Green Eggs and Ham’ on Senate Floor – And That’s Not the Weird Part (swampland.time.com)