According to Rupert Murdoch’s Wall Street Journal, Suzanne Somers is an expert on the Affordable Care Act and its impact on retirees.
Yes, that Suzanne Somers.
She says the health-care law is “a Socialist Ponzi scheme.”
You can judge by reading the column here, but I feel the following is the most important part of the opinion piece. It was tacked onto the end after publication:
CORRECTIONS AND AMPLIFICATIONS:
An earlier version of this post contained a quotation attributed to Lenin (“Socialized medicine is the keystone to the arch of the socialist state”) that has been widely disputed. And it included a quotation attributed to Churchill (“Control your citizens’ health care and you control your citizens“) that the Journal has been unable to confirm.
Also, the cover of a Maclean’s magazine issue in 2008 showed a picture of a dog on an examining table with the headline “Your Dog Can Get Better Health Care Than You.” An earlier version of this post incorrectly said the photo showed and headline referred to a horse.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion (no matter how air headed it may be). But no one is entitled to back up their opinion with their own facts. And, unless it was a photo of a great dane, I don’t know how you confuse a horse with a dog.
Yep. That’s a dog. Horses aren’t allowed to sit on exam tables. That … and the word “dog” in the headline … should have been a giveaway.
- Suzanne Somers’ Anti-Obamacare Op-Ed in the WSJ Is at 3 Corrections and Counting… (mediaite.com)
- Wall Street Journal Enlists Suzanne Somers To Critique Obamacare, And Of Course It’s A Disaster (businessinsider.com)
- Suzanne Somers Calls Affordable Care Act A ‘Ponzi Scheme’ In Wall Street Journal Piece (huffingtonpost.com)
- Suzanne Somers’ Anti-Obamacare Article Is Riddled with Errors (gawker.com)
- Suzanne Somers on the Obamacare debate (macleans.ca)