Mark Sanford, a Republican, was South Carolina’s governor from 2003 to 2011. For six days in 2009, he disappeared. No one knew where he was. Not his security detail. Not his family. When he reappeared, he told the state that he had gone on a hike on the Appalachian Trail. It was a lie. He was with his mistress in South America. On state expense. He’s an adulterer, and he said this wasn’t the only time he had cheated on his wife.
This year, he decided to run for Congress. On the night he won the Republican nomination, he introduced his young son to his mistress. On stage. In front of supporters.
Mark Sanford is a douche bag.
Recently, the douche bag held a debate with a cardboard cutout of California Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi:
Now, Sanford isn’t running against the cardboard cutout of Nancy Pelosi. Oddly, South Carolina doesn’t cardboard cutouts file papers to run in elections. Just empty suits.
His opponent is Democrat Elizabeth Colbert Busch. She’s Stephen Colbert’s sister. She has more integrity than Mark Sanford. We’ll see if South Carolinians prefer integrity (with an occasional visiting infusion of comic genius) or a lying adulterous scumbag.
- Mark Sanford debates cutout of Nancy Pelosi (islandpacket.com)
- The Bizarre Mark Sanford Debates Photo Of Nancy Pelosi (crooksandliars.com)
- What Is Mark Sanford Doing? (huffingtonpost.com)
- Trailing Colbert Busch, Sanford takes on Pelosi…sort of (tv.msnbc.com)
- Mark Sanford wins Republican runoff in South Carolina (washingtonpost.com)
- Mark Sanford Awkwardly Addresses Mistress Scandal In New Ad (jezebel.com)